2022 GMC Sierra 1500
The GMC Sierra 1500 is a multi-utility pickup truck that embraces excellent craftsmanship and sturdy design. The light-duty pickup truck is redesigned with some impressive exterior and interior features to offer maximum comfort, ease and luxury. It features a 13.4-inch diagonal touchscreen with a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster that adds to the 15-inch multicolour Head-Up Display to offer a wide digital display for a unique driving experience.
Check out the Terra Nova GMC Buick dealership in St.John’s to find out more about all the trims of the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500.
The 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 embraces a bold and luxurious outlook with a new grille design, updated headlamps and high-quality mud-terrain tires.
The 2022 GMC Sierra maintains a tall stance that allows it to roll smoothly on tough and tricky terrains. The Elevation trim of the light-duty truck features monochromatic exteriors that offer it a sleek and polished look.
- 22-inch low-gloss black aluminum wheels with machined accents
- Standard power assist steps
- New grille design finished in Vader chrome
- Vader chrome GMC logo
- Animated lighting sequences with LED headlights
- 18-inch wheels with high-gloss finish
- Redesigned front fascia and AT4X badging
- Dark nickel finished grille design
- Signature vertical Red Recovery Hooks
- Goodyear® Wrangler DuraTrac® Mud-terrain Tires
- Off-road Goodyear® Wrangler DuraTrac® mud-terrain tires
- 18-in wheels with high-gloss black finish
- Elevated exterior with black chrome accent
- Automatic locking rear differential and skid plates
- Red vertical Recovery Hooks
Convenient Cargo Management
The cargo bed in the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 makes life easier and convenient as it is packed with some unique and high-utility features.
- Huge Hauling Space: The 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 has huge hauling space compared to other vehicles in its class. It features a spacious bed capacity that is between 69.4 inches to 98.4 inches long (depending on the trim) and about 80 inches wide.
- CarbonPro™ Cargo Bed: The best-in-class cargo bed is designed using premium quality carbon-fibre composite material that protects the pickup truck against dents, scratches, corrosion and everyday wear and tear.
- MultiPro™ Tailgate: To access the cargo bed more conveniently for unloading and loading, the 2022 Sierra 1500 comes with the six-function MultiPro™ Tailgate. You get easy access to the primary gate along with the inner gate load stop and work surface.
|Dimensions:||Regular Cab||Double Cab||Crew Cab|
|Length (mm/in)||5,359 / 211 (std. box)
5,835 / 229.7 (long box)
|5,891 / 231.9||5,891 / 231.9 (short box)
6,133 / 241.5 (std. box)
|Width (without mirrors) (mm/in)||2,061 / 81.1||2,063 / 81.1||2,063 / 81.2|
|Height (mm/in)||1,923 / 75.7 (2WD std. box)
1,927 / 75.9 (4WD std. box)
1,920 / 75.6 (2WD long box)
1,921 / 75.6 (4WD long box)
|1,921 / 75.6 (2WD and 4WD)||1,917 / 75.5 (2WD short box)
1,918 / 75.5 (4WD short box)
1,914 / 75.5 (2WD std. box)
1,915 / 75.4 (4WD std. box)
|Wheelbase (mm/in)||3,213 / 126.5 (std. box)
3,545 / 139.6 (long box)
|3,745 / 147.4||3,745 / 147.4 (short box)
3,987 / 157 (std. box)
The Sierra 1500 embraces impressive and upgraded interior features to offer maximum comfort and ease to both drivers and passengers. All Sierra 1500 trims have up to a five-passenger capacity. Expect athletic and casual interior decor in the AT4 trim with a perforated leather seating surface that perfectly suits different active lifestyles. Whereas the SLT model offers maximum comfort with 10-way power-adjustable front bucket seats.
Great Aesthetic Appeal
With the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500, you can pick luxury with top trims or go low-key with the base trims. The Denali Ultimate embraces the Alpine Umber interior with full-grain leather seats. The AT4X features the chic Vanta ash wood accent with intriguing premium leather-trimmed door panels. For more comfort, Terra Nova GMC Buick customers can opt for the Elevation trim its heated front bucket seats with leather appointments.
- 16-way power front seats with heating and ventilation options
- Full-grain leather seating with Obsidian Rush interior
- Double-needle stitching in red and ceramic white colour
- Standard front 40/20/40 bench seats
- Features padded armrest and under-seat storage
- Wireless charging options
Performance & Capability
Engine Selection & Efficiency
The top trims of 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 have several engine options. Customers can choose the standard 6.2L V8 or optional 3.0L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel in the Denali Ultimate. The Denali comes with both a 6.2L V8 and 5.3L engines available along with a 10-speed automatic transmission. The Elevation, SLE and Pro trim come with a 2.7L Turbo high-output engine that delivers 430 pound-feet of torque and 310 horsepower.
AT4X Capability Features
- Steel transfer case skid-plate
- Multimatic™ DSSV spool-valve dampers
- Delivers 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- Front/rear e-locking differential
AT4 Capability Features
- Automatic locking rear underbody skid plates
- 2L Gas V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission is available
- Factory-installed 2-inch suspension lift
- Available with two-speed AutoTrac™ transfer case
|Specifications:||Enhanced 2.7L Turbo High-Output||5.3L V8||6.2L V8||Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel|
|Transmission||8-speed automatic||10-speed automatic||10-speed automatic||10-speed automatic|
|Max. Towing (kg/lbs.)||4,263 / 9,400||5,080 / 11,200||5,897 / 13,000||5,987 / 13,200|
|Trim Availability||Standard: Elevation, SLE, Pro||Standard: Denali, SLT
Available: Elevation, SLE, Pro
|Standard: Denali Ultimate, AT4X
Available: Denali, AT4, SLT
Available: Denali Ultimate, Denali, SLT, Elevation, SLE
All 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 models come with a built-in infotainment system that provides access to Google Assistant, Google Maps and Google Play. The Google-based infotainment system allows users to transfer their favourite phone features to the light-duty GMC truck. It also helps in managing and controlling vehicle functions with a voice command to ensure convenience and safety.
Wide Touchscreen Display
The GMC 2022 Sierra 1500 features a 13.4-inch diagonal horizontal touchscreen display and an additional 12.3-inch diagonal digital gauge cluster to offer a surreal driving experience with a full-screen navigation option. Both the screens along with a multicolour 15-inch diagonal head-up display nails the enhanced technology integration in the GMC pickup truck.
You can wirelessly connect the Google-based infotainment system with all your Android and iOS devices. The 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 comes packed with a Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth connectivity, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to elevate the entertainment capacity inside the pickup truck. You also get access to built-in Amazon Alexa that comes standard on all trims starting at the SLE trim.
All GMC Sierra Trims are equipped with standard GMC Pro Safety systems and driver assistance technologies to offer maximum safety to the drivers and passengers. The GMC Sierra 1500 comes with built-in blind-spot monitors, lane keep assist and emergency braking with pedestrian alert.
GMC Pro Safety
The standard GMC Pro Safety system available in all trims ensures maximum safety and user convenience. Interestingly, you will also get features like a safety alert seat to warn you about a potential threat that may approach you while driving.
- Standard forward-collision warning system
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Distance indicators
- Intellibeam Auto High Beams
- Innovative off-road assist technology
The 2022 GMC Sierra comes with 14 different camera views to keep an eye on the pickup truck and trailer. Terra Nova GMC Buick customers get a rear camera mirror, bed view camera and HD surround vision to optimize the view for a safe driving experience. WIth 2022 Sierra 1500, GMC has introduced the first-ever transparent trailer view in the industry, which allows drivers to keep an eye on the trailer to keep track of potential danger.
What’s New From the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500?
GMC has introduced a variety of new and interesting features in the 2022 Sierra 1500 with two of its top trims – Denali Ultimate and ATX4. The refined detailing in the interior design showcases excellent craftsmanship and a luxurious appeal that blends effortlessly with its sturdy and durable exteriors. The Sierra ATX4 excels in its upgraded off-road capacity that allows for a smooth run. You may also notice the redesigned engine lineup in the 2022 Sierra 1500 that offers excellent performance and fuel efficiency.
2022 Sierra 1500 Model Trims
Denali UltimateStarting at $93,648*
● 22 in. low-gloss black aluminum wheels
● 12-Speaker Bose Premium Series stereo
● Available Super Cruise
● Heated and ventilated front seats
DenaliStarting at $75,548*
● Available 3.0-L Duramax Turbo Diesel, 6.2-L, V-8
● Forge perforated leather seating
● Brushed aluminum trim
● 13.4″ diagonal centre touch-screen
AT4XStarting at $85,748*
● 10-speed automatic transmission
● Multimatic™ DSSV spool-valve dampers
● Heated and ventilated 16-way power front seats
● Full-grain leather seating
AT4Starting at $70,748*
● 18-inch wheels with high-gloss black finish
● Available multicolour 15″ diagonal Head-Up Display
● Available CarbonPro™ cargo bed
● Jet Black interior with Kalahari accents
SLTStarting at $59,148*
● Available 20-inch polished aluminum wheels
● Available 10-way adjustable front bucket seats
● Heated/ventilated front seats
● Available 5.3-L, V-8 or 3.0-L Duramax Turbo Diesel
ElevationStarting at $53,748*
● Best-in-class Crew Cab front head and legroom
● Monochromatic exterior with black gloss grille
● 2.7L Turbo high-output engine
● Avail. 3.0L Duramax® Turbo Diesel engine
SLEStarting at $50,548*
● Available 10-speed automatic transmission
● Standard 13.4″ diagonal centre touch-screen
● MultiPro™ Tailgate
● Best-in-class cargo bed volume
PROStarting at $36,848*
● 2.7L Turbo high-output engine
● Standard LED headlights, taillights, and daytime running lights
● Comes with 5.3L V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission
● Available MultiPro™ Tailgate