Top 5 Signs You Need to Buy New Tires
How to Tell If Your Vehicle Needs New Tires
Maintaining the health of your vehicle’s tires is an important part of keeping your vehicle safe and roadworthy. While there are many automotive services you must have performed to keep your vehicle running smoothly and performing the way it was designed to, having safe tires to drive on is even more crucial. Over time your vehicle’s tires will begin to wear down and need to be replaced. How do you know when you need to buy new tires? The following signs will show you the top five things to look out for that will tell you if and when you need to buy new tires.
[People Also Read: Why Should You Switch to Winter Snow Tires?]
5 Things To Look Out For That Tell You If You Need New Tires
To keep driving on your vehicle’s tires safely, you’ll need them to be in good condition. If you notice any of the following five things, you should make an appointment with your local automotive service repair shop immediately, as your tires might not be safe to drive on any longer.
- Cracks on the sidewall of your tires. If you start to notice cracks on the sides of any of your vehicle’s tires, that’s a sign that you need to buy new tires. It can be very dangerous driving on tires that have cracks on the sidewalls as this can cause a blowout while travelling at high speeds.
- Tread is worn down or smooth. If your tire’s tread depth is low or the tread of your tire is becoming smooth, you’ll need to schedule an appointment to buy new tires for your vehicle as this is a sure sign they are worn down and in need of replacement.
- Bulges are starting to show. If your tires are starting to show signs of bulging, it’s time for you to buy new tires. Bulges on a tire are a sign that it is no longer able to give you the safety you need on the road. A bulge is a weak spot and can cause an unexpected and dangerous blowout while driving.
- You notice more vibrations than usual while driving. After you’ve been driving your vehicle for long enough, you know what feels normal and what doesn’t. If you begin to notice more vibrations than usual, this could be a sign that your vehicle needs new tires as strange vibrations can indicate an internal problem with your tires.
- Your tires are old. If you’ve owned your vehicle for a long time and have never bought new tires, it’s time to do so. Even if you don’t drive your vehicle often, tires can still fail while driving. Most tire manufacturers recommend that you buy a new set of tires at least every ten years, regardless of how many miles are on them and how often you drive.
If you would like to learn more about any of these top five signs you need to buy new tires or other things to look out for when inspecting your current tires, please contact Terra Nova GMC Buick and one of our automotive experts will be happy to help answer any questions.
[You May Also Like: Why Do You Need Seasonal Tires?]